Saturday, April 21, 2007

One of the Best Summers ----- 2006 Part 1 Atlanta & Knoxville




Summer 2006 was one the best summer after coming to US, filled with lots adventures.......was Happy to be free from the college Life (though now I feelt it was much better then the working life) any Master's student knows what it means to be free from all that trouble:).......as MS student your lifevery restricted ..... only places u know are apartment and Department and only things u can depend on are Advisor and Budwiser(unluckily I dont drink so I had one option less:( .......)
















So I wanted to get out of this place called Arlingpuram (Arlington).......decided to go to Atlanta n Knoxville to meet my friends there...... so the first trip began just few days after grad ceremony.

don't know what made me decide to travel in GreyHound ....but I did .....My longest journey in a bus ever.........it looks like forever till the bus reaches the A town. I would never take it up again its better flying over Alabama and Mississippi:)

Atlanta has a different feel than Dallas......more crowded I guess.....Parking is a big problem ......I m lucky to b in Texas for that matter everything is Big In Texas:)

Day I reached there thought of going to Molina to see the Meditation Ashram there find the inner peace.
driving all the way on 75/85 to south of downtown Atlanta is beautiful...... (at least for us in Texas.....If we see 2 trees within a mile of road we consider it to be scenic) and Molina itself is really beautiful n quite place....with a hill top ashram away from the noise of the civilisation.
could not click many pics ....... as I was driving alone and did not have a very good camera.

then the next day was visit to Knoxville....... its a drive with lots of opportunities to break the speed limit:)......... I think Chattanooga is the only big town u come across while travelling from Georgia to Knoxville TN. Initially was stuck in traffic for 2 hours just outside Atlanta....... tried to click pics as I was driving at about 1MPH....but not anything interesting......except a big boat.....




So for the first time I had travelled from the Flat lands of Texas to Smoky Mountains........ they r big or may be they looked so cause I had not seen any mountains for past 2 years:).....we decided to go to the highest point of Smokey's .......Cling Man's Dome but the weather suddenly changed lots of wind n rain we managed up to new found Gap........ (I could not find the Gap it was too foggy)

So I returned home dejected...... but the plan to visit Smokies again had already started cooking in my Mind! never did I know at that time that it would be one my most memorable trip ever:)




No comments: